Elderly Client Services
We understand that financial planning, welfare and safeguarding assets for future generations are important, sensitive and sometimes emotional issues that most of us will have to consider in our later years. We act for a diverse range of elderly and vulnerable clients from a variety of backgrounds, including those living independently and those in residential care.
We help clients to plan for their future, with particular focus on issues that may arise from:
- Physical disability or mental incapacity
- Funding for long-term care
- Trusts and tax planning to ensure a smooth transfer of wealth from one generation to the next
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – Property and Financial Affairs & Health and Welfare
- Registration of enduring powers of attorney
- Court of Protection applications and advance decisions
- Living wills and advance directives
Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
Ian Spender is one of only a few full members of Solicitors for Elderly (SFE) in South Wales, a national association of lawyers who specialise in legal services for older people. To become a member of SFE, solicitors must have extensive experience and are required to have spent a substantial amount of time working for elderly clients.
Experience and Expertise
We have a wealth of expertise in the areas of social care and the protection of elderly and vulnerable individuals, understanding the unique needs of our clients and their families when faced with decisions regarding mental capacity, difficult financial choices and care arrangements. We provide bespoke assistance and guidance, with sensitivity, compassion and an extensive knowledge of the complex legal issues which are often involved in these matters.