When buying your home we understand that it is probably the greatest financial transaction that you will undertake. We also know that moving home is a stressful time so we aim to minimise your stress by keeping you informed at every step of the transaction as “client care is our priority”. At the outset we will send you a guide to the steps your transaction will take together with a client care brochure and a questionnaire which we need you to complete and return to us.
Howe & Spender solicitors, holds membership of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme – the mark of excellence for the home buying process. We underwent rigorous assessment by the Law Society in order to secure CQS status, which marks the firm out as meeting high standards in the residential conveyancing process.
The Department is headed by John Spender, the firm’s Senior Partner. He is assisted by his Partners Stephen Wharmby and Ian Spender and Jessica Lewis (Assistant Solicitor). They are all supported by a very experienced conveyancing executive, Ann McErlean who has over 20 years of conveyancing expertise. We use our experience and up to the minute technology to advance your transaction without delay.
For a free written cost quotation, which you will find competitive, you can contact the Firm on any of the telephone numbers on our “Contact us” page or alternatively you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Our Conveyancing Services
Appointments can be made for you to be seen at our Offices and home visits can be arranged where necessary. Your transaction will be undertaken by a dedicated team of experts specialising in all aspects of property work who care about the service you are provided with. Every member of the team has a direct dial telephone number so that you can contact the person dealing with your matter without delay.
If we are acting in the sale of you home we will:
- Obtain proof of your ownership
- Give you a property information form and a fixtures and fittings form to complete
- In consultation with you answer additional enquiries raised by your buyers Solicitor
- Negotiate a date for exchange of contract and completion with you
- Deal with the discharge of any mortgage you may have
- Report to you at completion
If we are acting in the purchase of your new home we will:
- Receive a contract from the seller’s solicitor together with a property information form and a fixtures and fittings form which we will go through in detail with you
- We will check the seller’s ownership to the home you are buying
- We will give you a full report on the property from the enquiries we make and results we receive
- We will provide you with advice as to how you home can be owned by two or more persons and explain to you what is meant by “joint tenants” and “tenants in common” – not always as simple as you may think
- Negotiate a date for exchange of contract and completion for you
- Report to your lender and obtain the mortgage monies
- Report to you at completion and deal with the registration of the transfer at the Land Registry
We also have significant experience and can assist in relation to:
- Transfers of property by way of gift
- Taking a lease as a Tenant or granting a lease as a Landlord
- Transactions involving Commercial and Business property and business goodwill
- Buying and selling Licensed Premises with all associated licensing applications